released new version 0.91

Started by axin, 11. July 2012, 20:39:28

Previous topic - Next topic

axin

New version 0.91 is now available on Android Market.

Changelog:

• Show colors and styles as defined by dictionary
  • Native Support for Android ICS (i.e. ICS theme)
  • Bug fixes

Feel free to post bug reports in this board or reply here for general discussion of this release.

Cheers,
axin

starssoft

Dear Dev,

Kindly update the list of dictionaries available in the sourceforge for download......

axin

Hi,

you are referring to the the list of dictionaries available inside the app (Menu -> Dictionary -> Download)?

Sure, just drop a me a note here about which dictionaries are missing or outdated and I'll add them to the list.

-axin

starssoft

Dear Achim,

I'm one of the contributor of DfM Project Tamil Dictionary.  I've newly added two dictionaries with 20000 words (the old dict., support only 3000 words).  Kindly update the dictionaries list.

1. DictionaryForMIDs_3.5.8_EngTam_Tanglish_StarsSoft.zip (Recomanded for before JB)
2. DictionaryForMIDs_3.5.8_EngTam_StarsSoft.zip (Recomanded for JB+)
3. DictionaryForMIDs_3.5.7_EngTuk_Chaihana.zip
4. DictionaryForMIDs_Wiktionary_beta_version.zip

I've completed tamil ( தமிழ் ) translation for DfM in crowdin.net.  I accidentally came to know the project is present in crowdin.net.  You may add a link in the about page to let the users to know about availability of translation.

You may also add some options like Share the meaning by SMS,  Learn a word for the day - by showing notification of random word,  etc.,

You may add the list of languages supported by DfM Dictionaries in "Google Play Description". It make your dictionary more popular and chance to priorities your app in search list. Example: if i search "tamil dictionary", then DfM will also be shown in the search list at top.

The List of Languages supported by DfM

1   Arabic
2   Armenian
3   Chinese
4   Czech
5   Dutch
6   English
7   Esperanto
8   French
9   German
10   Hindi
11   Hungarian
12   Italian
13   Japanese
14   Khmer
15   Latin
16   Portuguese
17   Russian
18   Slovak
19   Spanish
20   Tagalog
21   Tamil
22   Thai
23   Turkish
24   Vietnamese

Expecting the updated version so soon....  :) :)

axin

Wow, amazing work!

I'll try to integrate it asap, maybe even this week :)

Cheers,
Achim

axin

Hi,

I just imported your translations into DfM and realized I forgot to upload latest changes to crowdin. They are there now, could you check the couple of new, untranslated strings?

Additionally, the text in the search field on the first screen is too long (see screenshot below), could you update it with a shorter one? Maybe just something like "Search term" or "Search". It's the string hint_enter_word.

When this is completed I'll release a new version of DfM to the Play Store including your great work!

Thanks again
-axin

axin

...and the four new dictionaries are now in the list ready to download. Please tell me if you find any issues.

Achim

starssoft

Dear Achim,

Thanks a lot for responding my request.  We have updated crowdin tamil translation. now, you can implement it... while comparing with your role, our part is not so great... 

I like to remind you about adding "crowdin.net" translation link in about or help page to attract more contributors and translators.   If anything else we found after testing, we'll contact you.

Best Regards,

Stars Soft.,