Bugs/problems with Blackberry OS and Blackberry tools
There are the following bugs/problems with the Blackberry SW:
- On Blackberrys the 'start display' with the information about the
dictionary is not shown.
Update: this bug seems to be fixed with Blackberry OS 4.3
- When using incremental search, then there is an IllegalThreadState
exception. This is a devaition from the CLDC specification.
Update: Starting with DfM version 3.2 a workaround for this problem is implemented and this problem does not show up any more.
- When using incremental search, then a
deadlock between threads may occur (blocking user input).
Update: Starting with DfM version 3.3 a workaround for this problem is implemented and this problem does not show up any more.
- Converting the CEDICT dictionary does thrown an "Internal Fatal
error"/NullPointerException on rapc when converting to a Blackberry COD file.
Possibly this bug occurs also for other dictionaries.
Update: the RIM Blackberry support clarified that this error occurs when the JAR file is too big for the Blackberry. This problem does not show up with medium sized JAR files.
- When changing the language of the user interface then there is a
NullPointerException. This seems to be a bug in the Blackberry OS when under
certain conditions for ChoiceGroups with
exclusive style the method append is called.
- To be further investigated: when activating coloured display, then there seem to be problems with focusing the StringColourItems (subclass of CustomItem), specifically in combination with the incremental search.
All of the above problems were found in version 4.21 of the Blackberry device software, respectively the corresponding developer tools.