Support for "coloured display" ?

Started by Gert, 09. March 2012, 15:35:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert

Excellent application :) :)

One question: would it be possible that the Android application also supports the coloured display ? Some dictionaries support colours for pronunciation sections or similar; would that be possible that Android shows colours there, too ?

With very best regards,
Gert

axin

Thanks Gert! :)

In theory coloured display should work, ie. it's implemented. But I have to admit I never tried it with a real dictionary  :-\

Can you provide me with a dictionary that uses that feature? I'll investigate that matter... Do some of the OTA dictionaries have coloured content?

Cheers,
Achim

Gert

QuoteDo some of the OTA dictionaries have coloured content?

For example:
- EngChi (CEDICT)
- EngGer (freedict)

Best regards,
Gert

axin

Gert

Will try soon - great that you implemented that feature now, I really was waiting for that !

Best regards,
Gert

Gert

Achim,

I did install the latest version and tried to have the coloured display. But I guess that I need some further instructions on how to activate the coloured display.

To me it seems that the 'from language' is one colour and the 'to language' is another colour. But I do not see different colours for pronunciation etc.

I tested with CEDICT and Freedict English-German.

Attached is a screenshot from the WebApp which shows colouring on CEDICT. I could not make a screenshot from Android (to my understanding screenshots cannot be made easily on non-rooted 2.3 Androids).

Best regards,
Gert

axin

Thanks Gert, I think I found the bug and uploaded v0.91.1.

Please tell me if you still experience issues...!

Cheers
Achim

Gert

Works now - fantastic, I really was looking for that feature !

Gert