How to compile the sources?

Started by jn0101, 30. April 2010, 15:24:22

Previous topic - Next topic

jn0101

Hello,

Could you give some hints, or a recipe, on how you compile the sources?

Ive tried with netbeans (with the nbandroid plugin) and with eclipse.
I can generate and run simple apps in boths IDEs but the special setup for DfM keeps getting in the way.

Perhaps include or provide you IDE config files in SVN.

Yours,
Jacob

axin

Hi Jacob,

you are talking about the Android sources? (For reference: JavaME related stuff is documented here.)
(Please don't be intimidated if this explanation has too much information for you, it's just so that I can point anyone here who is asking about this later... ;) )

I'm using Eclipse Galileo with ADT Plugin. Then building can be done by right-clicking on the project, choosing Android Tools, then Export (Un)Signed Application Package...

My workspace looks as following: There are two projects, one is a SVN-Java-Project called DictionaryForMIDs (checkout of trunk/DictionaryForMIDs) and a SVN-Android-Project called DictionaryForMIDs_Android (checkout of trunk/Android). I added the project DictionaryForMIDs to the Java Build Path of DictionaryForMIDs_Android (Project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Projects -> Add) to make sure the compiler finds all the necessary code.

SVN-Java-Project stands for: Install Subclipse Plugin, then choose create new project from SVN (File -> New Project... -> SVN -> Checkout Projects from SVN and choose check out as Java project when asked...)

Hope that helps - and please tell me if anything is missing / unclear.
Achim

jn0101

Thanks, finally it works!

Ive got the same error again and again on Eclipse, but this time it seems like I suceeded!

<code>
java.lang.StackOverflowError
   at sun.nio.cs.UTF_8$Decoder.decodeArrayLoop(UTF_8.java:212)
   at sun.nio.cs.UTF_8$Decoder.decodeLoop(UTF_8.java:358)
   at java.nio.charset.CharsetDecoder.decode(CharsetDecoder.java:544)
   at java.lang.StringCoding$StringDecoder.decode(StringCoding.java:136)
   at java.lang.StringCoding.decode(StringCoding.java:169)
   at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:444)
   at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:516)
   at java.io.UnixFileSystem.list(Native Method)
   at java.io.File.list(File.java:970)
   at java.io.File.listFiles(File.java:1048)
   at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.wizards.newproject.NewProjectCreationPage.findSamplesManifests(Unknown Source)
   at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.wizards.newproject.NewProjectCreationPage.findSamplesManifests(Unknown Source)
   at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.wizards.newproject.NewProjectCreationPage.loadSamplesForTarget(Unknown Source)
   at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.wizards.newproject.NewProjectCreationPage.onSdkTargetModified(Unknown Source)
   at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.wizards.newproject.NewProjectCreationPage.access$21(Unknown Source)
   at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.wizards.newproject.NewProjectCreationPage$7.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.android.sdkuilib.internal.widgets.SdkTargetSelector.setSelection(SdkTargetSelector.java:197)
   at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.wizards.newproject.NewProjectCreationPage.extractNamesFromAndroidManifest(Unknown Source)
   at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.wizards.newproject.NewProjectCreationPage.onSampleSelected(Unknown Source)

</code>

BTW just creating new projects with existing sources also worked.

Jacob