How to install DictionaryForMIDs on the Android SDK ?

Started by Gert, 17. November 2009, 20:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert

Cause I do not yet have an Android device, I would like to see how DictionaryForMIDs looks on the Android SDK Emulator.

Well, simple question: how do I install DictionaryForMIDs on the Android SDK Emulator ? I understand that DictionayForMIDs can be downloaded from the Android Market. But how do I do this with the Android Emulator ?

I do use the 'platform 2.0' on my SDK.

Thanks ...
Gert

axin

Hi Gert,

sorry, I totally forgot about putting the packaged file on SF... I'm on it now!

Of course you can always go the long way: check out the source, compile it and run it on the emulator ;)

Achim

axin

Hi Gert,

here the instructions:
1.Download the latest version here
2.Extract the apk-file
3.Start the emulator
4.Run the following command in a console adb install PATH_TO_EXTRACTED_FILE.apk where the adb command can be found in the SDK's tools directory.
5.DictionaryForMIDs should then appear in the list of applications.

If there are errors while installing dictionaries, you may need to create a virtual SD card before starting the emulator...

Good luck  :D

optimus

very useful i have HTC HD2 windows phone how can i install android in it my friend told me that we can install android in it and also make it multi boot windows mobile is that right? if yes then help me where can i  find it and with installation procedure.... thanks :)

axin

Hi optimus,

Quote from: optimus on 15. November 2010, 09:34:47
very useful i have HTC HD2 windows phone how can i install android in it my friend told me that we can install android in it and also make it multi boot windows mobile is that right? if yes then help me where can i  find it and with installation procedure.... thanks :)

I think you misunderstood this thread: It's about installing the Android Emulator/SDK on a Windows PC, not on a mobile phone.

Not sure about the others on this forum, but I have no idea how to get Android running on a Windows mobile phone. Having multi boot sounds like a great idea. Please report back here if you find any solutions!

-Achim

Gert

Achim,

that was just another posting from one of those 'spam users' - I now banned that 'optimus'-Account.

Gert

axin

Quote from: Gert on 18. November 2010, 22:23:10
Achim,

that was just another posting from one of those 'spam users' - I now banned that 'optimus'-Account.

Gert
Damn, I thought this one was for real...  :o

Great that you "caught" it!